Friday, March 22, 2019

Happy long weekend Parents and Campers!

THRoW:
Next week, the THRoW homework will be a factual paragraph.  I have already given campers a chance to start researching a famous person or an interesting animal for next week.

TASK:  Write a Factual Paragraph
Include a topic sentence that introduces the person/animal without giving an specific details.
Add 3 - 4 relevant and interesting facts about that person /animal.
End with a strong closing sentence.

Paragraphs may be hand written or completed in Google Classroom and printed to be put into their THRoW books.  I am fine with both.  Students are allowed to copy the factual information from a text, however, they must write a strong and detailed topic sentence and closing sentence of their own.  Also, feel free to include a photograph or image of the topic researched at the bottom of the page.Please make sure your child understands the language/vocabulary that he/she includes in the paragraph. As usual, THRoW will be due Friday.

I have added a Modelled example of a famous person (Louis Braille) and also one of an interesting animal (Whale Shark) in your child's THRoW to demonstrate how a factual paragraph might look. 

I can't wait to read the THRoWs next week!

Tuesday:  Math test on Multiplication and Division.  Will review Monday and send home books for review Monday night.

More to come next week!

Counsellor Wilson

SECRET QUESTION:  If 4 people share 20 candies, how many candies will each person get?